How to look after your piercing jewellery
Your piece of jewellery is a delicate object which like all precious jewellery will need care and attention.
Looking after your jewellery
These steps will help you to look after your jewellery :
- To avoid any scratching, make sure you keep the jewellery separate from other pieces to avoid accidental contact between them.
- Do not wear your jewellery when you do sports like jogging and water activities such as swimming, hammam, sauna.
- Some cosmetics and perfumes may alter your jewellery.
- Take care not tob "snag" your jewellery in make-up cotton pads or towels.
- To maintain the shine of new jewellery, clean it regularly with a pH neutral solution.
- Yellow gold has a tendency to oxidise where it passes through skin (nose, eyebrow, navel...).
- If your piercing becomes tarnished and if it has precious stones it is best to have it cleaned by a jeweller.
Never clean gold jewellery with antiseptic cream or alcohol solutions to avoid any deterioration.